Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Preparation and Professionalism Define My Performances


I'm taking a volunteer deeper into hypnosis during a performance at Bradley Farm.

During the past three months I've performed "Hypnotic Experience" for quite a diverse set of audiences.

There was the nearly 200 Georgetown University students at the Midnight Carnival that welcomed undergrads back to campus in early September.  That show drew a rave review from the organizer.

That same weekend I demonstrated the stress busting and academic enhancing powers of hypnosis for a dozen high school students.

I was back in front of a larger audience of more than 150 in late October for two performances at the Bradley Farm Haunted House community festival in Herndon, Virginia.  It was perhaps my most entertaining shows of the year as the adults, teenagers and tweens who volunteered demonstrated a wonderful creative spirit.

And just before Thanksgiving I shared the art of self-hypnosis for nearly 25 attendees at an event sponsored by Professionals in the City.  You can find my recap of the event here and a testimonial from one of the participants at this link.

As we roll into December, my attention turns to preparations for two performances I have on the calendar.  The first is a private party on December 8th to be followed by a profile gig on December 31st at the Capital Hilton in Washington, DC.  I anticipate several hundred to be in attendance at the New Year's Eve bash where I'll perform.

Regardless of the size and make-up of a performance, a successful outing ultimately comes down to a simple concept:  shared expectations with the event organizer and audience.

Are they looking for fun and entertainment?  Is the interest more educational?  Is it about stress management, and emotional and physical well being?  A combination of these things?

I spend time with the event organizer prior to the show and, if at all possible, conduct a site visit.  I also engage with the audience prior to starting a hypnotic induction as part of my pre-talk.

I'm all about preparation and professionalism when I perform Hypnotic Experience.  The organizer and audience will accept nothing less.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you hosting an event, community festival, fundraiser, school activity, party or get together with friends?  I encourage you to call me at (301) 538-8100 or Email m.russell.hausman@gmail.com to learn more about "Hypnotic Experience."  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment