Friday, November 16, 2012

A Great Read on Hypnosis

Each week I typically come across interesting articles that accurately capture how hypnosis can be used as a tool for emotional and physical well being.  I share them on Twitter, so I encourage you to follow me here.

The story below is one of the best I've read in a long while.  Why?

It accurately defines hypnosis and a hypnotic induction (i.e. no swinging watch), and then illustrates the most important factor when it comes to a positive experience -- the person has to be open and interested in achieving a meaningful change.

At the start of every session or performance of my "Hypnotic Experience" show, I explain that all of hypnosis is self-hypnosis.  There's no magic to it.  Hypnosis is simply conditioning the mind to anticipate and accept positive outcomes.   


How Hypnosis Helped Me Sleep
By Linda Yellin
More Magazine

A few hypnosis sessions helped one writer finally remedy her insomnia.




No comments:

Post a Comment