Friday, November 2, 2012

Photos from Bradley Farm Hypnosis Show

Thanks to the folks at Bradley Farm Haunted House festival, I am able to share a wonderful set of photos from the performance of my "Hypnotic Experience" show this past Saturday night.

I've included a caption with each photo to explain the image and how it fits into the show.



The introductory talk prior to a hypnotic induction sets expectations for what is to come.  It also gives me a chance to share a few entertaining stories to create a fun atmosphere.

I encourage audience members who chose not to volunteer to experience a hypnotic induction as well.  It's incredibly relaxing and can help shed stress.  The three women to my left went into hypnosis, although when asked did not express an interest in joining the show.
My visual focus is typically on the volunteers on stage.  I am constantly looking for signs of hypnosis to determine which volunteers will remain for the show.  However, I direct suggestions to the audience as well.

Two of the on-stage volunteers.  The young lady on the left went deep into hypnosis and was a wonderful participant in the show.  Her reaction to the "American Idol" skit was a highlight.
Once in hypnosis a simple touch on the shoulder coupled with a suggestion helps a volunteer go deeper.

This volunteer slipped in and out of hypnosis during the show.  At times, even a slight distraction can impact how someone reacts to a suggestion.

Nearly 30 volunteers on stage made for a crowded environment.  I always take as many volunteers as possible.  However, I have to move quickly to excuse people who have trouble reaching hypnosis during the induction to allow for more space.
Young adults and teenagers typically make for excellent volunteers.  They are able to focus, they're use to following direction and they are creative with strong imaginations.

With parental approval, I encourage younger kids to give hypnosis a try.  However, I rarely take them on stage because the inability to focus can be an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment