Monday, February 25, 2013

A Very Musical Hypnotic Experience



A few weeks back I was fortunate to connect with the organizer of one of the largest and most popular social Meetup groups in the Washington, DC area. 

It was the perfect time for us to talk as he sought to diversify the types of events he was hosting for members and I was interested in performing the more entertainment-oriented version of my “Hypnotic Experience” show.  With spring and summer approaching, there are typically a myriad of opportunities to appear at community festivals, fundraisers and college/high school events.

My performance this past Friday in Washington, DC’s Chinatown area was a wonderful experience and a big time success.

--The audience was exceptional!  Nearly 60 young professionals interested in learning more about hypnosis as a tool for emotional and physical health, well-being and balance.

--The upscale venue and time (Friday evening) made for a festive environment.  As such, my goal was to strike an appropriate balance between entertaining and educational in putting on “Hypnotic Experience.”

--I had a dozen volunteers, most of whom achieved some level of hypnosis.  There were a few who went deep enough in to trance to comfortably act on more complex suggestions, including one participant who was in the audience.

--The highlight of the performance was when I suggested to the volunteers they were to compete for a $10,000 prize in an American Idol competition.  Only two people acted on the suggestion and serenaded the audience with their favorite song, yet they both have amazing, professional quality voices.

I used this as an opportunity to reinforce the understanding that all hypnosis is self-hypnosis.  The fact that both women have a beautiful voice led them to be comfortable to embrace the suggestion.

You can learn more about Friday’s event and read comments from the attendees at this link.  

No comments:

Post a Comment