Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Power of the Positive - 300 Shady Grove Kid's Fest this Weekend

I recently had the pleasure of meeting with Alicia Dinwiddie, an events manager at 300 Shady Grove in Gaithersburg, Maryland.

To identify the venue as merely a bowling alley would be inaccurate and a disservice.  Yes...the facility features 32, state-of-the-art lanes.  Yet, 300 Shady Grove bills itself as "everything entertainment under one roof."  This includes floor to ceiling video screens with music and sports, casual dining, billiards, and an extensive bar area.

300 Shady Grove plays host to corporate events, private parties, fundraisers and community activities.

This Sunday, May 19th from 10 AM to 2 PM I'll be at 300 Shady Grove to participate in their bi-annual Kid's Fest, a community appreciation event that brings together families, local businesses and community organizations.  It is free to attend and every child receives a free game and shoe rental.

Activities include fire fighter demonstrations, coloring and crafts, face painting, display tables and product samples.

Rather than my "Hypnotic Experience" show, I plan to share with attendees how positive visualization can help improve career, academic and athletic performance.  This is a more flexible and age appropriate for a community and family event, and an approach I have used in the past at community festivals and street fairs.

I hope to see you this Sunday!


Teens, tweens and younger children can use positive visualization.  Photo from my performance at Bradley Farm Haunted Mansion Festival in Herndon, Virginia.






1 comment:

  1. Thanks Marc! We are excited to have you and look forward to doing so more often in the future!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete