Sunday, August 5, 2012

Creative Visualization Powers Hypnosis

Inaccurate perceptions about hypnosis run wild.  It's mind control, right?  People do things they don't want to.  It turns someone into a zombie.

Nope...never...and I sure hope not.

The hypnotic process is merely guided meditation coupled with the visualization of positive outcomes.  It can be an effective approach for stress management, relaxation, and general physical and emotional well being.

It's the power of visualization that makes for a wonderful hypnosis experience and, as such, I have found that people with creative, artistic, athletic and intellectual backgrounds can typically achieve a deep and focused state of hypnosis.

This weekend I spent an hour with two women who are committed to achieving balance in life through the use of positive thinking.  This was my second get together with one of the women, who recently pointed me to a book and movie called "The Secret" after our initial session.  Here's a link to that blog post.

Her close friend was incredibly open to hypnosis and in very short order was able to shed a fair amount of the stress and tension built up from the anxieties of day-to-day living.  In fact, she went deep so quickly and demonstrated such a strong ability to visualize that I became convinced she worked in a creative-inspired field.

I sure was right.  When we chatted afterwards, I learned this woman was a photographer, event planner and was studying Web creative and development.  She also works in jewelry design.

She explained that her creative approach was to visualize an image or design in her mind, and then construct the real product from that visualization.  That's near spot on identical with the induction method I use for hypnosis.

Visualization of relaxing images can induce hypnosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment