Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Great Read on Corporate Mindfulness


As an entrepreneur and small business owner, I incorporate my practice of self-hypnosis and visualization into how I guide the organization forward.

Yes…I’m focused on the hallmarks of a successful enterprise, such as client service, staff recruitment and retention, marketing and sales, and cash management. 
 
Yet, equally important, I take into consideration how my decisions impact my quality of life, as well as the standing of my colleagues.

That’s why an article published by Strategy+Business Magazine caught my attention.  It is an interesting read about how larger companies are incorporating mindfulness in their management and governance.

I have included a link below, along with a couple of excerpts.

Strategy+Business Magazine
January 25, 2016


People are seeking peaceful moments in a world fraught with intensity, stress, and complexity, which is why mindfulness has become so popular in corporations today. Meditation, yoga, and consciousness-raising programs are being rolled out in offices from Silicon Valley to Wall Street. 


Mindfulness is a tool that executives and board members can find useful in observing thoughts, feelings, and biases during group deliberations. Insights arising from such reflection can influence subsequent actions.


Mindful boards intentionally look out at the world through multiple windows — technology, politics, sociology, environment, and economics. To leverage the power of using multiple windows, members of the mindful board hone their individual capabilities while practicing three interdependent disciplines as a governing body: leadership by the group, expanded consciousness, and fearless engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment