Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Living in the Moment with Jade Holt


As a business owner, conference speaker and entertainer I am fortunate to meet and connect with a myriad of interesting and unique people.

Last October, I was a panelist at the Mid-Atlantic Small Business Summit in northern Virginia.  When I arrived at the venue and surveyed the room, I was greeted by a sea of dark suits and power ties.  There was one exception:  a stunning and polished woman who happened to have an empty chair at her table.  That’s the person I wanted to sit next to.

Jade Holt proved to be more than an accomplished sales professional in the security industry.  We chatted about our shared passion for positive energy and visualization, and it turned out she is actually working on a book about how people can realize success and well-being.

Thankfully, Jade agreed to meet with me in follow-up for an exclusive Q&A for this blog.

Question:  Tell me about your personal background for context and perspective.

Jade:  I grew up in Pueblo, Colorado.  The economy was depressed and the education opportunities fairly limited.  I always knew I had to get out.  Eventually, I opened up a map, closed my eyes and picked Virginia.  I was off.  I wanted an adventure; something different.

Question:  How has life been in Virginia?

Jade: I had a little bit of money when I arrived, yet needed to find a job…and fast.  I took a position with Countrywide Mortgage right before the company tanked.  It was a great group of people who worked there though, including a husband/wife that became a second family for me.

My experience at Countrywide served as a reminder about how adventurous life can be if you simply let it be.  That is an important part of who I am.

I’ve since worked as a liquor representative for eight years, as well as for a Middle East-based company with led to a lot of international travel.

Jade Holt: smiling every day.
Question:  Let’s talk about the book you have concepted.  What can you share with my readers?

Jade: Premise of the book is the gift of living in the present.  People often believe they are unable to move forward due to anxiety, tension and issues from the past.  My life has been about focusing on giving 100 percent to the present, rather than becoming fixated on future accomplishments.

Other themes I plan to incorporate into the book include the importance of remaining physical active.  When you are in a slump and you aren’t consistently working out it breeds negative energy.   I’ve been pole dancing for about five years for the exercise and I love it.

I also believe in meditation and the role that plays to cleanse the mind and managing stress.  It is a great way to be present in the moment.

My best advice for people is to smile every day and think of good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment