![]() |
| During a hypnotic induction, this woman experienced a "tornado of color." |
Teaching the practice of self-hypnosis is a personal
passion and something I find incredibly rewarding.
I’ve received appreciative notes from people who
have made meaningful changes in their life thanks to the power of positive
visualization. You can check out a few of
these comments at this link
to my testimonials page.
That’s why it is frustrating if a session on
self-hypnosis falls short. It happened
to me earlier this year in a follow-up meeting with a person who attended my “Hypnosis
for Exceptional Living” show. I
explained what
happened in this blog post.
And it occurred last week when I met with a young
woman who is interested in hypnosis as a tool for stress management which, in turn,
could help her manage blood sugar levels.
She is a type 1 diabetic which is a chronic condition I am
(unfortunately) all too familiar with.
Similar to the person who I met with in April, this
woman has quite the active mind. Incredibly
creative and passionate, she is a flood of thoughts, views, opinions and ideas. It is inspiring, yet also creates a challenge
when trying to identify an appropriate visualization that leads to a relaxed,
focused and hypnotic state.
Here are a couple of fascinating comments she shared
during our time together:
--She uses a reward system as a vehicle for
self-motivation. Could this methodology
be leveraged as part of a hypnotic induction?
--As a visual person, she often dictates moods
through clothing choices -- what she refers to as “power outfits.”
--When going through a simple deepening tactic (i.e.
count back slowly from ten) she explained she was surrounded by a tornado of
color, with aqua blue serving as the dominant visual. The “color
of hypnosis” is something I first wrote about last year when sharing
self-hypnosis with another highly intelligent and creative person.
--And finally, my use of power words to stimulate
feelings of confidence proved relatively ineffective because of her preference
for visual reinforcement. This is
something I continue to think about.

No comments:
Post a Comment