Thursday, September 12, 2013

More on Sleeping Well with Hypnosis


In February I wrote a blog post about the top five outcomes people desire to achieve through the use of hypnosis.  The runaway #1 was better and more restful at night.

The issue of sleep was top of mind last week when I met with a friend who has struggled for a couple of months with insomnia.  She falls asleep just fine, yet finds herself waking up each morning between 2 and 3 AM with little prospect of returning to rest.

Moreover, the situation has worsened with each passing week as the prospect of another listless night weighs on her mind.

I took her through a hypnotic induction and then shared two visualizations:

1) “Healing Waters” – a personal favorite of mine because it helps reduce stress, tension and anxiety.   

2) “30 Second Self Hypnosis” – a simple process that helps a person slip back into a deeply relaxed state.

I also forwarded her this wonderful article entitled the 7 Sleep Habits of Successful Entrepreneurs about how to create an environment conducive for sleep.

How’s she doing? 

Last I heard she reported three straight nights of peaceful sleep and, more important, she has a more positive outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment