Each academic year I guest speak on campus to psychology and health students at high schools in the Montgomery County Public School System. In 2024/25, I visited a dozen schools to talk about hypnosis as a tool for health and wellness. In total I presented to more than 1,000 students.
Speaking in front of high school students presents a myriad of challenges. This is especially true when much of your content is designed to be both informative and entertaining. I love the experience, although it is certainly humbling at times.
Last month I made a return visit to Seneca Valley High School in Germantown, Maryland. In follow up, the teacher (Sharon Gardner) and many of her students sent me this thank you note.
It is rewarding to know that I helped Ms. Gardner make the psychology curriculum come alive and (hopefully) many of her students will continue their interest in this important area.
PS Seneca Valley High School's mascot is the screaming eagle.

No comments:
Post a Comment