A few weeks back I performed my Hypnotic Experience show at a corporate sponsored health and wellness event in northern Virginia.
She was very much engaged during my talk about the
importance of positivity and was quick to volunteer when I asked for people
interested in hypnosis to join me on stage. During the visualization segment of the
hypnotic induction process I employ, her breathing slowed and her body
relaxed. It took her a mere five minutes
to drift into a nice state of hypnosis.
After the demonstration, we chatted for a few
minutes and agreed to meet-up to discuss her experience with hypnosis for this
blog. I’m always intrigued by people who
quickly and seamlessly allow themselves to be hypnotized and then respond
effort-less to suggestions.
Here are a couple of highlights from our follow-on
conversation:
--Even prior to trying hypnosis, she uses
visualization in her daily life. She
referred to herself as the great visualizer.
Examples include her interest in home improvement projects and how she
sees the completed work before even stepping into a Home Depot or Lowes.
--She also explained that when she is faced with a
career or life decision, she’ll often sit in a comfortable chair on her porch
and stare at her front yard. This
trance-like state has helped her find clarity.
--She found hypnosis to be incredibly renewing. Thoughts seemed to flow from her conscious,
she explained. Everything I asked her to
visualize just felt right and my voice seemed to become part of her. (The voice connection is something I have
heard from others who have been hypnotized.)
--She was very much present in the moment and
actually had a stronger sense of intuition.
It was if she allowed herself to take a mental break that she earned and
deserved.
![]() |
|
Visualization I use in a hypnotic induction: imagine floating in a warm and safe cloud.
|

No comments:
Post a Comment