Monday, February 29, 2016

Neuroscientist Explores the Credibility of Hypnosis


Neuroscientist and author Marjorie Woollacott has penned an interesting read in the Huffington Post in which she asks a question often posed to me at one of my Hypnotic Experience shows:  Does hypnosis really work?

Woollacott explores a bit of the science behind hypnosis, discusses the use of hypnosis as a tool for pain mitigation and then shares her personal experience with its practice.

So…what is my answer to the question about hypnosis?

If you are open to it and sincerely desire positive outcomes in your life, then “yes”…hypnosis is a powerful vehicle for meaningful change.

Author and neuroscientist, Marjorie Woollacott

By Marjorie Woollacott
Huffington Post (February 26, 2016)


“As a neuroscientist, I consider the effects of hypnosis to be amazing. How is a mental image translated into a physiological reaction that is physically transforming?”


“I was able to lose the ten pounds in ten weeks, but more importantly, I was aware of a shift in my attention, away from cravings for my favorite foods and toward other, more playful ways of enjoying myself: I began to make more space for myself to be at ease.”


“…internalization of a new way of being through the power of the mind. This can positively change our health and our reality.”

No comments:

Post a Comment