| Wisdom found in a fortune cookie. Positive visualization is a powerful tool for health, wellness and exceptional living. |
Stress is a scrooge. It is negative energy that can limit our body’s ability to self-regulate, optimize performance and maintain health.
It's for this reason it is so important for each of
us to find and develop a personal stress mitigation plan. You may like intense and competitive activities
such as kick-boxing, basketball or weight lifting. Or you might prefer more mindful oriented
endeavors like yoga, meditation and knitting.
The activities are up to you…just discover something
that works and stick with it.
In the years I have performed Hypnotic Experience, I
have had a myriad of people approach me after a show to inquire about self-hypnosis
as a tool for stress management. They’re
often at a point of total frustration resulting from stress-induced phobias and
other destructive behavior.
Insomnia…teeth grinding…skin picking…nightmares…panic
attacks…I’ve heard it all. My advice is
always the same: visit a medical professional
to make sure stress is truly the culprit.
And, if it is, consider giving self-hypnosis a try as part of a personal
stress plan.
Recently, I came across two articles that I reminded
me how devastating stress can be on a person’s wellness. Each of these stories relay extreme measures
taken to alleviate the symptom.
Yet, the root cause still remains. Rather than taking on the symptom, make personal stress management the goal. The body will most likely take care of the rest in a positive and productive
way.
Washington Post
Businessweek
No comments:
Post a Comment