Saturday, August 9, 2014

Scenes from the Arlington County Fair


Today I had the pleasure (and honor) of being part of the line-up of entertainers at the Arlington County Fair.  My “Hypnotic Experience” show was a headline act on the indoor stage.

Like other community-based events where I have performed, the Arlington County Fair brings together an eclectic mix of family friendly activities.  There are midway games and rides, local musicians, dancers, funny animal acts and cultural-based presentations.

Most important is that these events foster a sense of togetherness among neighbors.

I have included below a couple of photos I snapped at the Arlington County Fair.  For more images, check out their Facebook page at this link.

A special thanks to Kim Le and the rest of the Arlington County Fair board of directors for including me.  Their dedication and commitment to the community inspires!

PS  So…how did my show go?  It was ride in stride with what I hope to accomplish at these events.  A bit of stand-up comedy and entertaining anecdotes combined with the creativity and imagination of volunteers who were open to giving hypnosis a try.


The Outdoor Stage featured local musicians and drew an enthusiastic crowd.



The Racing Piglets are always a crowd favorite at the Fair.  My show conflicted with the running today, so I'll have to check out the piglets in 2015.



The Indoor Stage featured a mix of entertainment, including some old fashioned country dancing.



 
I'm not quite sure what this ride is called, yet it was popular with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment