Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Hypnotic Times at High School Post Prom Parties



My show at Kennedy High School's Post Prom party was especially rewarding.  Why?  It is my alma mater!


Performances at seven post prom parties in three weeks…what a month of May it has been!

This may be my most favorite time of the year because of the opportunity to contribute to such a formative experience for so many high school kids.  Organized by the Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) and financially supported by parents and local retailers, the post prom party is designed to keep the kids well entertained (and safe) from midnight to the early morning hours of the next day.

A comedy hypnosis show is the perfect fit.  It is fun, easy to organize, and unique and memorable for the kids.

As an entertainer I pride myself on three things:  1) be professional, on-time and well prepared; 2) be flexible in how, when and where I perform; and 3) always focus on the audience and their desire to have a great time.

Admittedly, this year’s schedule of performances presented interesting challenges.  Some PTSA’s wanted a traditional stage show, while others preferred a “roaming entertainer” type approach.
 
At one post prom, I was sequestered into a small hallway off of the main dance floor.  The DJ’s thumping speakers created a less than ideal environment for hypnosis.

All in all, it was an incredible set of shows and I am so appreciative of the PTSA’s at Springbrook, Blake, Damascus, Blair, Magruder and Kennedy for including me.  The show at Walter Johnson was hosted by two educators who I worked with last year to incorporate a discussion about hypnosis into their curriculum.

I hit the road this weekend for an exclusive show at the Timberline Lake Camping Resort in New Jersey.  It’s then time for the summer season of festivals and street fairs, which present another chance for me to help community-based organizations host wonderful events.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A simply "thanks" from an event organizer makes my day.  Here are two I received this month:

"Thanks so much for adding such a special event to our party. When I came in at the end, it was great to hear the students' thoughtful questions and their enthusiasm as they asked for a second show. Blessings to you for offering your time and talent to our students!"

Karyn McCoy
Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) After Prom Committee
Springbrook High School



"What can I say?  You were amazing!  Thank you so, so much for donating your time to Blair's After Prom.  I hope you enjoyed yourself -- I know the kids loved having you.  I was so impressed by the crowds who gathered to watch you, and how you managed the crowds!"
Nina Fascione
Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) After Prom Committee
Blair High School


No comments:

Post a Comment