It took six months of testing and practice, followed by more testing and more practice, followed by...well...you get the point...to develop my Hypnotic Experience show.
I wanted a fast-paced performance that combined comedy with a meaningful discussion about the power of positive visualization. It had to be entertaining and informative, and relevant to audiences of all ages and backgrounds.
Plus, it was imperative to steer clear of the tired misconceptions and cliches that define Las Vegas style hypnosis shows. While there is a place for that brand of entertainment in the market, my preference was to offer a truly unique experience that an audience would both enjoy and come away with ideas on how to fulfill the promise of exceptional living.
Hypnotic Experience remains a work in progress, yet I'm on the right path. There have been stumbles along the way as I continually refine, however I typically receive heaps of positive feedback after each show. Even my late night performance in April after a burlesque show resulted in one attendee imploring me to "keep doing what I am doing."
I have an exceptional schedule of shows lined up for the fall that I will announce in the coming weeks. Several are return performances for event organizers who have hosted me the past. For me, that's perhaps the ultimate compliment.
Others are new relationships who like the positive message of Hypnotic Experience and believe it will resonate with their audience. I very much look forward to those as well!
One additional benefit of entertaining has been the improvement in my professional presentation skills.
Yes...I have a full-time job that pays the mortgage and keeps my children well fed. I'm now frequently asked to speak at industry conferences because of the timeliness of my topic (social media marketing) and my ability to deliver with passion and style.
Check out this video of the initial five minutes of a recent keynote I delivered at a tradeshow. The story and its Jerry Maguire reference produced a healthy laugh from the crowd.
No comments:
Post a Comment