Friday, April 12, 2013

Photos and Perspectives from Operation Renewed Hope Foundation Fundraiser



Last night I had the privilege, pleasure and honor to perform my “Hypnotic Experience” show at a fundraiser for the Operation Renewed Hope Foundation, a non-profit that provides financial and support services to homeless veterans.

A group of exceptional people gathered at the Crystal City Sports Pub in Arlington, VA for a bit of entertainment and (more important) to learn how positive visualization can lead to meaningful life outcomes.  Each of the attendees actively supports the Foundation and, in most instances, is either a veteran or active military.

I have the highest level of respect and appreciation for people who assume personal responsibility to protect the freedoms we enjoy in this country.  I’ve written about one of the Foundation’s founders Lt. Colonel Deborah Snyder on this blog and last night I had the opportunity to meet the group’s other founder, Kimberly Young.

Take a moment to read Kimberly’s bio at this link.  She is a special, compassionate and caring person.

Here are a few observations from the show:

--Due to traffic in the Washington, DC area, we started the performance about 45 minutes late.  This gave me an opportunity to chat with the attendees about their thoughts about hypnosis.  It was the typical stream of misconceptions, from silly Las Vegas-style comedy antics to loss of control.

--As such, I invested a significant amount of time in the pre-talk to establish a level of comfort, interest and anticipation.  I was rewarded with a wonderful group of volunteers, each of whom achieved a level of hypnosis during the induction.

--Perhaps the highlight of the show was the instant induction I performed on one of the volunteers who was a bit skeptical at the start of the evening.  Her ability to instantly drift back into a hypnotic state generated quite a positive reaction from the crowd.

--During the post-hypnotic suggestion part of the show I focused on visualizations that create feelings of health, wellness and self-confidence.  The volunteers emerged feeling refreshed, energized and positive about the experience.


The hypnotist with one of Operation Renewed Hope's Co-Founders.



Operation Renewed Hope Foundation's Events Coordinator. 



During the pre-talk I use an entertaining style to set expectations about hypnosis.



Volunteers achieve a relaxed state while in hypnosis.  It's a tool for stress management.



Two helicopter pilots find the focus they use on the job allows them to quickly reach a hypnotic state.



A great night with a wonderful group of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment