On January 6, I will celebrate 18 years as the founder and CEO of a professional services firm that helps companies grow their business through more effective marketing, social media and communications programs. I'm truly blessed to have exceptional clients, and a set of colleagues who are passionate and professional.
In fact, I have worked with each member of my senior team for more than five years. My lead operations and financial executive has been a friend, trusted advisor and co-worker for 15 years.
While my professional world has long been in good standing, I have still been challenged by the stress, tension, worries and competitive pressure that comes with being in business. It has taken its physical toll on me and, I'm convinced, prematurely aged me.
For instance, my brother -- just a few years younger -- sports a healthy head of hair with merely a touch of gray. I'm not quite as lucky on either front. Solely genetics? It's doubtful.
My introduction to hypnosis six years ago was born out of my desire for a natural approach to well-being that I could practice independently. The improvements it has brought to my life inspired to to share the practice with others.
Regardless of your choice of career and decision about family, I encourage you to find an approach to well-being. Eat well. Be active. Sleep. Love. And shed stress.
You'll be happier, healthier and perhaps keep your hair longer.
PS, Here is a link to a great read with 12 tips on how a business professional can manage career stress. My favorite suggestion: "Learn how to switch off: This is a skill and has to be learnt. You can meditate, cycle, learn yoga or paint - whatever works for you – just do it!"
Managing Stress at the Top
Management Issues Magazine (12.13.12)
![]() |
| Image Source: Wise Living Yoga |

No comments:
Post a Comment