Or perhaps you are walking down the street and the smell of freshly baked bread transports you to Sunday dinners growing up. You're with your family as if time itself has stood still.
That is the power of your subconscious mind. It has the ability to associate external stimulus (i.e. smells, tastes, sounds, etc.) with warm and pleasant memories.
When properly directed, hypnosis can serve as an effective tool to harness these wonderful feelings to effectively mitigate stress, and improve physical and emotional well-being.
This evening I visited with a woman who from an outsider's view is the definition of exceptional. Stunning, smart, personable and professionally successful.
Yet, like many of us, she has been challenged to manage a stressful environment and address long-standing self-esteem issues.
We went through a relaxing hypnotic induction which provided a stress release. After a couple of deepening exercises, I then walked her through two visualizations:
1) Opening a door to a warm, glow of light to establish base feelings of confidence, comfort and strength.
2) A memory of a time in her life when she recognized and embraced her beauty, intelligence and appeal. We then attached this feeling in her subconscious mind to a special phrase, which we then reinforced through a mantra. (It's a process similar to the "umms" during yoga.)
After such a positive experience, I believe hypnosis will serve as a tool she can use to find a higher plain of happiness in life.
For me, it was equally rewarding. I realize I'm not curing cancer. Yet, helping one person truly appreciate how wonderful they are is gratifying.
![]() |
| Visualize a warm glow of light to establish feelings of comfort and confidence. Image source: cgmotionbox.com |

No comments:
Post a Comment