Tuesday, March 8, 2022

"Lights Out" Hypnosis at Quince Orchard High School

For nearly ten years I have donated my time to speak on campus at Montgomery County high schools about hypnosis as an altered state of consciousness or as a tool for stress management. Although there is typically a high level of interest in the topic, speaking to students at this age in a classroom environment presents interesting challenges. 

I thought I had seen, experienced, and worked through most everything. That is until yesterday! I had the opportunity and privilege to visit Quince Orchard High School in Gaithersburg, Maryland, where I spoke with students enrolled in health classes. 

The final class of the day had a wonderful group of volunteers, many of whom achieved a deep level of hypnosis. To gently bring my volunteers out of the hypnotic state, I count up slowly from one to three, snap my fingers, and say the words “back in the room.” 

Just as I reached the number three and snapped my fingers, the electricity in the entire school building failed and the classroom was plunged into darkness. The teacher and I were stunned and (thankfully) my volunteers emerged from hypnosis feeling positive and energized. A few moments later the power restored to the building, the lights came on, and I was left with yet another fun anecdote to share.

I have included below a video of my hypnosis induction from a presentation at Clarksburg High School, another Montgomery County school.

 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment