The global pandemic created an academic year like no other for high school administrators, educators, parents, and students. The resilience and fortitude demonstrated by everyone has been impressive and inspiring.
It's why I made it a priority to donate my time to entertain at events hosted by schools and the Parent Teacher Student Associations (PTSA) that recognize the class of 2021.
Of course, flexibility has been an absolute must this year. Many events have been held at outdoor venues because of COVID restrictions. I've performed at a farm, an amusement park, a school's football stadium, and on the outfield grass of a baseball field.
An unexpected challenge I have faced when performing my Hypnotic Experience show has been the deafening roar of the cicadas in Brood X. The Washington, DC area has been swarmed by billions of these insects and their mating call sounds like a train whistle. It is also problematic when these awkward flyers buzz around volunteers during a hypnosis show.
Yet, like the students who I entertain at these events I too have persevered. The feedback from event hosts has been positive.
A sincere thanks to the schools that have included me as part of the entertainment. I look forward to the upcoming academic year and a return to normalcy.
![]() |
| Hypnotic Experience at Springbrook High School's event for its 2021 graduates. Hosted outdoors on the baseball field. |
![]() |
| Even with the song of the cicadas, these volunteers experienced a nice and relaxed state of hypnosis. |



No comments:
Post a Comment