Monday, February 18, 2019

2 Great Reads on Hypnosis for Health and Happiness


Each month I come across interesting and insightful articles in the mainstream media about how hypnosis is being employed as a tool to promote health, wellness and exceptional living.  Here are links to two stories from this month I thought you might find of interest.

Are you curious to see if you can be hypnotized?  Check out this hypnotic induction I recently uploaded to YouTube.  It is designed to instill a feeling of confidence.


UT Southwestern Medical Center Newsroom (February 2019)

Anesthesiologists at UT Southwestern Medical Center are helping to explore the use of hypnosis through virtual reality to lessen postoperative pain and anxiety in children.  The pilot study involved 21 young patients and found that virtual reality hypnosis (VRH) reduced anxiety, total postoperative opioid consumption, and vomiting in children after scoliosis surgery.



Could this Woman Really Cure a Broken Heart in 10 Days
The Daily Mail (February 2019)

Tears are running down my cheeks and dropping on to my chest as I sit on the end of a bed in a small clinic. I'm crying because I'm being told to repeat various sentences about my ex-boyfriend and our recent break-up over and over again.  Malminder Gill, a 36-year-old hypnotherapist and life coach, is instructing me to say these statements while using her fingers to tap certain points on my face and body — the top of my head, on my temples, along my collarbone and on my forearm.

No comments:

Post a Comment