Sunday, February 5, 2017

Bravo to these High Schoolers


My work as an entertainer puts me in front of hundreds of teenagers every year.

Each semester I speak at high schools in the Washington, DC area about hypnosis as an altered state of consciousness, and as a tool for positive and meaningful change.  I also entertain at after prom and all night graduation parties.  I’m signed on for 14 of these Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) organized events in the coming months.

Teens often get characterized by adults as moody, difficult and hard to reach.  I have received my share of flack from high school audiences.  You can read the biting criticism of my talk about this hypnosis in this blog post

Yet, for the most part I’ve found high school kids to be incredibly engaged and invested in their own health and happiness, as well as the well-being of their peers.  

The video below is an example of everything right about high school kids.  The athletes from both schools and the kids in the crowd should be recognized for their self-less support of a peer with special needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment