Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Post Prom Fundraising for QO and Seneca Valley



Sign at Quince Orchard HS promoting my upcoming show.

It requires a Herculean effort for a school’s Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) or Booster Club to plan, organize, promote and host a post prom or all night graduation party.  Everyone involved is a volunteer.  It is very much a labor of love. 

There is also the challenge of paying for it all – the facility, food, entertainment, clean-up and security.  The cost runs well into the thousands of dollars.

That’s why the effort of organizations like Montgomery County Project Prom/Graduation (MCPPG) is so important.  MCPPG helps volunteers from member schools share best practices, plus they facilitate fundraising by applying for grants.

For five years I have donated my time to entertain at post prom and graduation events held by schools in Montgomery County and Fairfax County.  It is a whole lot of fun and, personally, very fulfilling to do my small part to help.

This year I’m raising my game through more direct support of the fundraising process.  On Saturday, November 19, I will be the headline performer at an event hosted by the Quince Orchard High School Booster Club.  Ticket sales for my Hypnotic Experience show and the accompanying silent auction will fund after school activities. 

Early in the New Year on Friday, January 13 I’ll do the same for a fundraising event hosted by Seneca Valley High School’s PTSA

Email me at m.russell.hausman@gmail.com if you would like more information about either of these shows.  I encourage you to come on out for a great time and to support two wonderful schools.   

No comments:

Post a Comment