Friday, May 29, 2015

How Visualization Powers Athletic Success


Wow…what a month it has been!
 
I’ve performed at six high school after prom parties, held a couple of one-on-one tutorials on self-hypnosis and, this morning, was part of the entertainment at Springbrook High School’s senior picnic.

At Springbrook, I had the good fortune to meet with a group of wonderful kids, many of whom plan to compete in athletics at the collegiate level. 

For some, the reaction to hypnosis was fairly tepid until I mentioned how athletes and celebrities use the power of positive visualization to improve focus and performance.  That’s what got things rolling and I ultimately had more than 50 students volunteer to give hypnosis a try.

Included below are links to articles I’ve published on this blog about hypnosis as a tool for success in competitive sports.  Like Springbrook’s graduating seniors, I thought you’d find them of interest. 


Washington Capitals goalie Braden Holtby employs hypnosis as a tool to improve his performance in game situations.

From Jessica Alba and Orlando Bloom to Duchess Kate, a myriad of actors, entertainers and musicians have used hypnosis as a tool to improve focus, concentration and creativity.

Now a professional player with the Chicago Bulls, Doug McDermott tapped into his subconscious mind while in college to enhance his competitive edge.

This teenage gymnast won five gold medals at the 1984 Olympics with the aid of positive visualization.

Enhanced focus and positive visualization can improve performance in many sports, including basketball.  (Photo source: JoePDowling.com


No comments:

Post a Comment