During the initial 15 minutes of my Hypnotic Experience show, I provide an informative and entertaining overview of what hypnosis is and its practical applications.
My content is sourced from my own use of
visualization as a tool for health and wellness, the experience teaching self-hypnosis
and what I read in the mainstream media.
It’s for this reason that I am always on the lookout for interesting
articles about hypnosis and how it is perceived.
Included below are links to three articles I have
recently come across that I wanted to share.
Each provides credible insight into our ability to harness and direct
the mind to achieve meaningful outcomes.
Fox News (2.6.14)
Meanwhile, celebrities including Matt Damon, Tiger Woods, Andre Agassi, and Fergie have all been cited as using hypnotherapy for one reason or another: to stop smoking, improve focus, and lose weight.
Probing question: does hypnosis work?
Penn State News (3.18.14)
The hypnotized person is not sleeping or unconscious—quite the contrary. Hypnosis (most often induced by a hypnotherapist's verbal guidance, not a swinging pocket watch) creates a hyper-attentive and hyper-responsive mental state, in which the subject's subconscious mind is highly open to suggestion.
Hypnosis extends restorative slow-wave sleep, research shows
Science Daily (6.2.14)
In a study that has now been published in the scientific journal "Sleep," researchers have demonstrated that hypnosis has a positive impact on the quality of sleep, to a surprising extent. "It opens up new, promising opportunities for improving the quality of sleep without drugs," says biopsychologist Björn Rasch who heads the study at the Psychological Institute of the University of Zurich in conjunction with the "Sleep and Learning" project.
No comments:
Post a Comment