In mid-January, I partnered with a social group called DC Global Adventurers to host an event entitled “New Year, New You: How Self-Hypnosis Can Help You Say True to Your Resolutions.”
Nearly 20 professionals attended the event to learn about
the power of positive visualization, and experience a hypnotic induction. You can read my recap of the event here.
One of the participants was enthusiastic about the soothing
and relaxing comfort of hypnosis, yet she had trouble maintaining a trance in a
group setting. She bobbed in and out of
the hypnotic state, and at times opened her eyes to compare how she was feeling
with the others in the room.
I was pleasantly surprised when she reached out to me a few
days later to arrange a one-on-one session.
We agreed to meet-up this past Saturday for what turned out to be an
exceptional experience.
Here are a few of my impressions:
--Like most people who are attracted to hypnosis, she is
intelligent, career oriented, active and athletic, and confident in her
physical appearance. She radiates
energy, strength and comfort.
--Yet, I’ve also found these highly charged and successful
professionals find any weakness (real or perceived) to be unacceptable. For her, the flaw is an inability to maintain
a high level of focus and attention on a particular task.
--Ironically, I have struggled with a comparable issue in my
persona and professional lives. Although
never formally diagnosed, I consider it a slight case of ADHD; not
severe enough to medicate, yet still limiting.
--As we began the induction she wasn’t convinced she
could actually be hypnotized.
Admittedly, it did take some time to get her focused on concentration
and visualization. After the initial
induction and a deepening process that lasted about 30 minutes, she began to
immediately respond to my suggestions.
There was no doubt about whether she was hypnotizable.
--In my post hypnotic suggestions I focused on two guiding
principles: 1) a positive feeling about hypnosis and a realization that she
could easily return to this state during future sessions; and 2) a strong sense
of clarity and focus on work-related tasks.
What was the outcome for her? It may be too early to tell as the meaningful
change through hypnosis can take time. I’ll
keep you updated when I receive feedback.
UPDATE, THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2013
In an Email exchange with this woman, she shared the following about the positive outcome from this one-on-one hypnosis session:
"I feel good focus on my job ..positive and for sure feel more productive. Thank you so much once again!"
UPDATE, THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2013
In an Email exchange with this woman, she shared the following about the positive outcome from this one-on-one hypnosis session:
"I feel good focus on my job ..positive and for sure feel more productive. Thank you so much once again!"
![]() |
| Hypnosis can help a person maintain a high level of focus on the job. Image: Scoremoresales.com |

No comments:
Post a Comment